Introducing Hywela Lyn

Hello, this is my first post here and I'm thrilled to be part of this wonderful group of E-book writers. I'm making this post an introduction but I promise not to go on too much about myself in future posts.

If you haven't come across me before I'm Hywela Lyn - my real first two names.  I was born and lived most of my life in Wales.  Hywela is Welsh but no-one ever called me that - so I thought it would be nice to combine those two names and use them as my pen-name. I've been writing for as long as I can remember and had several short stories published in UK magazines over the years, but it's only since about 2008 that I've decided to concentrate on  novels.






My writing space overlooks lush Welsh countryside - and the paddocks where my two horses peacefully graze...
...in my dreams!(When I win the lottery or make the international best seller lists!:) )

In fact, I live in a small English village, too far away from my beloved Wales, and my horses live several miles away. So the window of my 'office' actually looks out on some of our neighbouring bungalows. This end of the village is quite quiet and there are plenty of green areas.

When I'm not writing I love to spend time with my horses, and my rescued Jack Russell 'Bouncer'.

I mainly write futuristic and fantasy romance, although I have an historical Western Romance on 'the back burner' if I ever get time to finish it.

My latest release is one that was originally published with the US publisher The Wild Rose Press and  I've revised it and published it on Smashwords and Kindle with a brand new cover by my good friend Miss Mae 
I also have two full length novels published with The Wild Rose Press, available on Amazon and in print, Starquest and Children Of The Mist.
 Next month will be the first UK Romance books Festival - The Festival of Romance in Watford.http://festivalofromance.co.uk/
I'm really looking forward to it and  I'll tell you all about it in my next post.

Until next month, stay well and keep writing.  (I'm going outide to check on the barbeque I started before writing this post, to make the most of this lovely unseasonal summer weather we're having!)

Hywelalyn.blogspot.com
Hywelalyn.co.uk
Twitter
Facebook

Comments

Hello Lyn/Hywela, I was getting really jealous at the second photo... and then I read the next line! Good one.

That's exactly what it's like being an author, though, isn't it? Our readers want the first romantic version. They imagine us in our pretty cottages or castles writing dreamily at beautiful tidy desks, whereas the reality is... er... often somewhat different!

Like the horses, though.
Hywela Lyn said…
Hi Katherine

Thanks so much - yes, if only we writers could wave a magic wand and make our daydreams reality!

Still, at least we CAN dream! Glad you like the horses - they and Bouncer are my 'Babies' and Harri is featured in 'Dancing With Fate'.
madwippitt said…
I love looking at these pictures of other people's work spaces, it's fascinating ... Have just spent the last five minutes squinting at an enlarged pic of your books ... very frustrated as I can't quite read the titles on the spines apart from the B.E.D!
You have my resin horse head too (only you have two of them!) - what exquisite good taste you have!
Hywela Lyn said…
Hi madwippett

Thanks so much - sorry to cause you eyestrain, LOL! Our small bungalow is full of books. My husband and I run a small western saddlery business so the other computer in the picture (on the right) is his and that side of the desk has his books etc. but they're out of the picture. The horsehead bookends (I love them and thanks for the compliment, hold some of my 'horsey' text booksand a few novels including 'The Horse Whisperer'. The next shelf down is mainly dictionaries, equestrian trade catalogues and folders with my drafts in, the shelf directly above my computer desk is mainly writing textbooks and the adjacent shelf holds my own published novels and those of some of my friends. sorry, but it would take far too long to list all the titles, but thanks for your kind comment.

Popular posts

A Few Discreet Words About Caesar's Penis--Reb MacRath

How to Live with the End in Mind: Wendy Mitchell’s Choice -- by Julia Jones

Never Mind the Author Workshops, What Shall I Wear on World Book Day 2024? wonders Griselda Heppel

Close Reading | Reading Like a Writer by Francine Prose | Karen Kao

Brain on a Train -- Umberto Tosi